Revised: Power-Con Exclusive MOTU Classics Secret Accessory Details Revealed
Monday, August 20th, 2012 by Pixel Dan
There has been much discussion over the past week about the announcement that Mattel will be giving away a free Masters of the Universe Classics accessory at this years Power-Con to everyone who attends the show. Thanks to Scott “Toyguru” Neitlich, we learned a few new details on the latest episode of He-Man.org’s Roast Gooble Dinner podcast, which we recorded yesterday and is already online for listening!
Here is a run-down of the details we received:
- On a personal scale of 1 to 10, Scott put it at a 7. He said it’s something you can live without, but it’s kinda cool.
- He called it a happy accident and they realized they could do something with it.
- The Four Horsemen sculpted it.
- It’s a weapon.
- He said there’s not that many of them, and they had Power-Con coming up where they could do something with them because they didn’t have enough to do something with at SDCC.
- Saying the color would give too much away about what it is.
- It is polybagged.
- In regards to if it will be available any where else, he said it depends on how many are given away at Power-Con
In regards to the limit of 1000, Power-Con is guaranteeing the first 1000 tickets sold will get this accessory. Mattel has not stated a specific production quantity. We only know there are not many of them. How many are claimed at Power-Con will determine if ANY are left over. We’re sure Mattel will let us know what they will do with them IF any remain.
So, there you go! If you are a completist and can’t live without this exclusive weapon, you may want to make arrangements to either get to Power-Con, or find someone who is willing to pick one up for you (but you still have to purchase a ticket!) Also, Pixel-Dan.com sponsor FantasticPlasticToys.com still has a few pre-orders available for the accessory if you wish to go that route!